Preparation time 15 minutes, cooking time 1 hour 45 minutes
1. Heat oil in large baking dish, cook beef until browned. Remove from dish.
2. Add vegetables to dish, cook, stirring until browned all over.
3. Return beef to dish, add beer. Cook covered, in moderately hot oven 45 minutes.
4. Remove vegetables to flat oven tray. Cook loosely with foil, return to oven.
5. Turn beef, cook uncovered about 30 minutes or until beef is cooked through. Remove beef from dish, wrap in foil.
6. Place baking dish over heat, simmer, uncovered, until liquid reduces to about 1 cup (250ml).
7. Serve sliced beef with vegetables and sauce.
Serves 6, per serving 16.6 g fat, 2016kj