Social responsibility, empathy and solidarity
Alphamega Hypermarkets have enough stock to meet all basic consumer needs, and assure the public that there is no reason to create a climate of panic.
The Hypermarkets are urging consumers to act with a sense of social responsibility and solidarity, so that all of our fellow citizens are able to access essentials. Furthermore, they remind the public that their own employees cannot work from home and it is extremely important that they are kept safe and healthy, so that the rest of us can purchase everything we need for our homes.
Corresponding to the new circumstances created by the pandemic, Alphamega Hypermarkets will continue to operate uninterrupted and with normal opening hours (Monday-Saturday, 07:00 – 21:00 / Sunday 09:00 – 21:00), while strictly adhering to the instructions of the Ministry of Health.
The organisation’s management wants to extend very warm thanks to the hypermarkets’ staff for their professionalism, dedication and conscientiousness in delivering the best possible customer service to consumers.
It is noted that the Hypermarkets are taking all the necessary measures to ensure the wellbeing and protection of both their staff and visitors, while following all the appropriate hygiene rules. Specifically:
- The people are being counted constantly (per square metre), as we abide by the measure for one person per 8m2 of space.
- Protective screens have been placed at the tills, so as to avoid close contact between customers and cashiers.
- Signs have been installed urging people to keep a distance of two metres from each other and strictly follow the instructions.
- Security guards have been placed at the hypermarkets’ entry / exit points.
- All areas in the Hypermarkets are disinfected regularly.
We also remind you of the measures that were taken from day one, and which continue to be implemented:
- Hand sanitisers have been placed at all the entry points as well as several other areas within the Hypermarkets
- The trolleys of the Hypermarkets are disinfected daily
- The management is in close communication with all of its suppliers to ensure uninterrupted supply to the Hypermarkets
- The Hypermarkets’ personnel and suppliers are implementing strict hygiene measures
- A special taskforce is ready to manage a potential case among members of personnel
- All the breads sold at the Bakeries of the Hypermarkets are now packaged.
Alphamega Hypermarkets urge consumers to strictly follow the instructions of the Ministry of Health.