Brownies with chocolate Easter eggs
By Stavri Kaourani
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 180 g unsalted butter at room temperature cut into cubes
- 180 g dark chocolate (60-70% cocoa) cut into pieces
- 30 g cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 200 g soft brown sugar
- 85 g flour for all uses
- 1 small bag (approximately 100g) mini Easter eggs
- 4-5 small stuffed Easter eggs (crème eggs)
1. Melt the butter together with the chocolate by placing them in a metal bowl, using the bain Marie method (the bowl on top of a pot of boiling water). Stir constantly with a spatula to melt evenly.
2. Put the bowl aside and prepare a baking tray (about 20cm, lightly greasing it with a little butter. Also spread non-stick baking paper, leaving the paper to protrude slightly at the edges.
3. In another bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar (eg with a hand mixer), until they become a soft mixture.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture on the eggs and mix with gentle movements. Finally add the cocoa and flour and mix carefully with a spatula.
5. Transfer the mixture to the pan that we have prepared, taking care to spread it evenly all over the surface (and in the corners) with the help of the spatula.
6. At this point add half of the mini eggs to the mixture, pressing gently with your hands.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 20 minutes.
8. Remove the pan from the oven and decorate with the remaining Easter eggs. Cut some of the stuffed eggs in half and place them on the surface of the brownie with the filling facing up.
9. Put the pan back in the oven for another 5 minutes to soften the Easter eggs.
10. Remove from the oven, let the brownie cool completely and remove it from the pan, pulling the edges out of the baking paper.
11. Cut into equal square pieces.
Saturated fats: 7 gr