Rice paper spring rolls with peanut sauce
By Stavri Kaourani
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 medium size red onion, finely chopped
- 50gr vermicelli noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 cucumbers thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeño peppers cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 8 rice paper sheets (for spring rolls)
For the peanut sauce:
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain them and add stir the sesame oil and salt. Set aside.
- Use a large bowl or a shallow round pan with some water. Place one paper and let it soak for 20 seconds.
- Place each paper on a tea towel and put a small amount of each of the chopped vegetables, herbs and the noodles in the middle .
- Fold each paper and fold tightly to shape it into a roll.
- For the peanut sauce: mix well all the ingredients and add some water if we wish a thin consistency.
- Dip each spring roll to the sauce and enjoy!
Fat: 10,8 gr
Saturated fat: 1,8gr
Protein: 7,6 gr