Baked Calamari with Bulgur
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
Ingredients for 4 portions
1,5kg whole calamari (clean)
30ml olive oil
1 small onion
1 garlic clove
100gr sweet corn
2 colour peppers
50ml tomato sauce
20gr chopped basil
750ml vegetable bullion
- With sharp knife carve calamari Then sauté in hot pan with olive oil and garlic. Add tomato sauce.
- Add calamari with tomato sauce in baking tray, cover with aluminium foil and bake at 180c in preheat oven, for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Chopped onion, peppers and basil.
- In a large pan head olive oil and add all vegetables except basil. Sauté till golden brown.
- Then add bullion and bulgur.
- Simmer until absorption all jus.
- Add basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, cover and let to absorption.
Lecturer/Instructor at Intercollege Culinary Arts
National Chefs Teams Director