Crispy ‘’Pourekia’’ Stuffed with Fresh Anari Cheese and Cinnamon
Preparation time 30 minutes
Cooking time 5 minutes
Ingredients for 12 ‘’Pourekia’’
1kg village flour
250ml warm water
Drops of lemon juice
Pinch of salt
750gr fresh Anari cheese
50ml blossom water
1tsp cinnamon powder
- For dough: in bowl add flour and salt. Mix well.
- Pour oil and mix until flour absorption the oil.
- Add lemon drops and then water slowly-slowly. Mix well for soft dough.
- Let the dough to rest for 30 minutes, covered with wet napkin.
- For stuffing: blend well all the ingredients.
- Lay down dough and add 1 tbs of mixture every Cover with dough and cut in your favour shape (round, square etc).
- Close well the edges with fork.
- Deep fry in hot oil.
- Served hot or cold. Drizzled with icing sugar and cinnamon.
Lecturer/Instructor at Intercollege Culinary Arts
National Chefs Teams Director