Prawns Tempura with Sweet Chilli Sauce
Preparation Time 15 Minutes
Cooking Time 5 Minutes
1kg prawns size 16-20, unshelled
1ltr Frying Oil
5ml Lemon Juice
4gr Paprika Powder
20ps Kebab Skewer
200ml Sweet chilli Sauce
Salt / Pepper
- Use one prawn for each skewer.
- In a bowl pour beer and slowly-slowly the flour until the mixture look like porridge.
- Add lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Leave in a warm place around 40c for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining flour to a bowl. Add prawns and sprinkle with flour, then add to the porridge and finally deep fry in hot oil.
Lecturer/Instructor at Intercollege Culinary Arts
National Chefs Teams Director