Bao Buns stuffed with slow cooked Pork with Hoisin sauce
Preparation Time 10 Minutes
Cooking Time 5 hours
24 bao buns
1kg pork neck
250gr. hoisin Sauce
30gr. Paprika powder
10gr. Cumin powder
10gr. cayenne powder
800ml. Chicken stock
1 small grated onion
1 garlic glove grated
30gr. Ground pepper
- Marinate pork for minimum for 6 hours, with oil, sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, onion, cumin and cayenne.
- Pour chicken stock and bake for 4,5 hours at 150c, covered.
- Leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Pull pork and reheat with hoisin sauce in warm pan.
- Steam bao bans for 15-20 minutes.
- Stuffed bao buns with pork and served with hoisin sauce.
Lecturer/Instructor at Intercollege Culinary Arts
National Chefs Teams Director