Cake with blueberries and icing glaze
2 cups blueberries
4 cups water
1 cup butter
1 ½ cups white sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
For the icing glaze
– 2 cups icing sugar, sifted to remove any lumps
– 3 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Grease and flour a 20cm bundt ring shape.
- In a saucepan, combine the blueberries and water.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Stir to mix and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Add the blueberries mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into the bundt pan. Bake at 175°C for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Drizzle with icing glaze.
Lecturer/Instructor at Intercollege Culinary Arts
National Chefs Teams Director