Carrot and Ginger Soup
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 50 minutes
1 medium size onion
1 small piece of celery stalk
2 medium size potatoes
1 garlic clove
2 ltr of vegetables bullion
100ml fresh cream
Salt – Pepper
Hazel nuts, toasted and chopped
- Cut vegetables and potatoes in large pieces.
- In dip pot, add butter and sauté onion and garlic.
- Then add carrot and celery to sauté, and finally potatoes.
- Pour vegetable bouillon and simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- Check vegetables and potatoes, and if were tender blend soup to puree.
- Pour fresh cream, add paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup with toasted hazelnuts.
Lecturer/Instructor at Intercollege Culinary Arts
National Chefs Teams Director