Open Face Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
Preparation Time 20 Minutes
Cooking Time 40 Minutes
Ingredients for 15x30cm Bake Tray
1 tart dough for 15X30cm bake tray
2 green apples
2 red apples
100gr brown sugar
200gr melted butter
1 table spoon cinnamon powder, mix with melted butter
For Pastry Cream
5 table spoons corn flour
4gr vanilla powder
- For pastry cream: pour half of milk in pot, add sugar and vanilla. Bring to boil and stir well.
- In bowl mix well the rest milk, eggs and corn flour.
- Pour mixture in pot with hot milk, low heat and stir until thick. Remove from heat.
- Lay down dough in buttered bake tray, fork the dough and pour cream on dough.
- Remove seeds from apples cut in half and then slices. Add brown sugar on apples and then place horizontally on cream using one green and then one red apple.
- Drizzled with melted butter with cinnamon, and bake in preheat oven at 170c for 35-40 minutes.
Lecturer/Instructor at Intercollege Culinary Arts
National Chefs Teams Director