Salad with Tricolore, Halloumi, and Roasted Tomatoes
For the salad:
- 125gr. Tricolor Mitsidi Pasta
- 1 cube Natural Broth Kotas Mitsidis
- A handful of wild rocket leaves.
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 6 slices Halloumi Pissourkotiko Charalambidis Christis, cut into small cubes 1cm. (about τή glass)
- Lemon zest from half a lemon
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Or clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Or a teaspoon of honey
- 1/8 teaspoon dijon mustard with grains
- 1/8 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- A small chopped chili pepper (optional)
- A little salt (halloumi is already quite salty)
For the roasted tomatoes:
- 2 large chopped tomatoes
- A little Cayenne pepper
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- ¼ red chili, finely chopped (without spores)
- Salt and pepper
Prepare the roasted tomatoes. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Put the tomatoes (peeled) in a pan lined with oil and sprinkle evenly with garlic, cayenne pepper, red chili, sugar, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 1 hour. The tomatoes will start to brown at the edges and wrinkle but should remain slightly juicy. Remove them from the oven and leave them to cool.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan with hot salted water, dissolve the broth and boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
At the same time, in a large pan, fry the halloumi on a high heat (or grill it) until it turns reddish. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
Prepare the salad until the pasta is cooked. Put the arugula on a deep plate. Mix well in a bowl all the ingredients for the sauce.
Once the pasta is ready, drain it and rinse it under cold running water to cool. Drain them and add them to the rocket. Add the chopped red onion, the roasted tomatoes and the halloumi. Pour over the sauce and lemon zest, stir and serve immediately.