Preparation Time 20 Minutes
Cooking Time 40 Minutes
Ingredients for 15x30cm Bake Tray
1 tart dough for 15X30cm bake tray
For Pastry Cream
5 table spoons corn flour
4gr vanilla powder
- For pastry cream: pour half of milk in pot, add sugar and vanilla. Bring to boil and stir well.
- In bowl mix well the rest milk, eggs and corn flour.
- Pour mixture in pot with hot milk, low heat and stir until thick. Remove from heat.
- Cool down. Before using the cream, whisk well to be soft and creamy.
- Lay down dough in buttered bake tray, fork the dough and bake for 20 minutes at 170c or until the tart is cooked.
- Cool down tart and fill with the cream.
- Garnish with the strawberries and crushed pistachios.
Lecturer/Instructor at Intercollege Culinary Arts
National Chefs Teams Director