Sweet potatoes stuffed with vegetables
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
4 sweet potatoes
50ml olive oil
50gr chopped spring onion
2 sliced colour peppers
100gr sliced mushrooms
100gr tomato sauce
50gr chopped fresh basil
Salt & Pepper
- Cut potatoes in half like a shell. Drizzled with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrapped first in baking paper and then in aluminium foil.
- Baked in pre-heat oven at 200c for 50 minutes or until tender.
- Then cut broccoli in florets and boil in hot water for 4 minutes. Cool down in ice bath to keep the green colour.
- In hot pan add olive oil and sauté onion. Then add peppers and finally the mushrooms.
- Then add broccoli and tomato sauce. Cook sauce until reduce to 1/3.
- Add basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetables on the potatoes and cheese on top. Baked for few more minutes to melt cheese.
Lecturer/Instructor at Intercollege Culinary Arts
National Chefs Teams Director