Salmon mousse vol au vents
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
1 puff pastry sheet
1 medium egg, to glaze
5 tbsp cream cheese
3 tbsp fresh chopped chives
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
100g smoked salmon, roughly chopped
fresh salad greens
red caviar to decorate
- Preheat the oven at 170°C.
- Roll the puff pastry on a floured worktop to a thickness of 4 or 5mm. Using a round pastry cutter 8cm cut the puff pastry. Around 12 pieces.
- Arrange 6 pastry discs on a baking paper.
- Using a pastry brush, glaze the discs with egg wash.
- With the 6 other pastry discs on your floured worktop, cut a hole in the centre with a smaller pastry cutter of 4cm.
- Carefully arrange the rings on top of the pastry discs. The rings will adhere to the glazed pastry discs easily.
- Glaze the pastry rings with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let them cool.
- Place the cream cheese, chives, salmon and mustard into a blender and pulse mix. Place mixture in a pastry bag with a star piping.
- Fill vol au vents with fresh greens and the salmon mixture