Wild Mushroom Risotto with thyme
Preparation Time 10 Minutes
Cooking Time 20 Minutes
Ingredients for 2 Portions
1 cup risotto rice (Arborio or Carnarolli)
100 g butter
1 large chopped onion
10 wild mushrooms
50 g dry porcini
4 thyme stems
1/3 cup white wine
4 cups of vegetable bullion
2 tbs cream cheese
10 g fresh chopped basil
- Add half of a butter stick in pot and throw in the chopped onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms, rice and thyme stems.
- Soak the dry mushrooms with wine.
- Pour ½ cup of vegetable bullion and cook it in low heat until reduced. Then pour again ½ cup and reduce. Continue with the same process until the rice is tender.
- Finally add cream cheese and the remaining butter.
- Add basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Parmesan flakes.
Lecturer/Instructor at Intercollege Culinary Arts
National Chefs Teams Director